Bottom-up = from each individual person, through a group of several, and further through a larger group to a group that includes everyone.
Top-down = from the managing authority of all, through smaller groups, to a single person.
Subsidiarity = every power, and in particular political power, should have an auxiliary (supporting) and stimulating significance in relation to the efforts of the autonomous and independent individuals who established it.
Since we are already a group that wants to govern on the principles of WIR, I will skip the scenario in which representatives rule. I will focus only on 2 situations:
- We have a WIR but decisions are made by a general meeting of all members.
- We have WIR but decisions are made first in local groups
Let’s assume that we want to determine the amount of the drop for common goals.
Ad. 1. If this decision is made by everyone, the largest voting power will be given to those cities that are the most numerous (Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw, etc.). At the same time, they are also the richest cities. This may cause that the drop will be too high for people from small towns where earnings and living costs are much lower.
Ad. 2. If the decision is made by the vote of entire cities (eg. Wroclaw is for czmyśtam) then small towns will gain the advantage because their voice will be as strong as many larger cities. The effect will be to favor the voice of small towns.
Because none of these solutions individually is perfect – the Swiss use the so-called double majority. In order for the regulation to be approved, both the majority of all citizens and the majority of cantons (in our case cities) must agree to it.
That is why I propose:
– let’s do one instance of Wikicracy for each local group in each locality
– let’s make one nationwide instance for representatives of each city
– the task of a representative in a nationwide group will NOT be to make decisions. Its task will be to agree with other representatives on compromise solutions
– each decision will be made in a local group and then its result will be forwarded to a representative who in the nationwide group will vote the same as his group
voted – after each vote it will be counted how many cities were ZA and how many people from the whole were ZA
– the provision will be approved if both the majority of citizens and the majority of cities agree to it.
Thanks to this, we will get a system that is fully bottom-up and in which the interests of small and large groups are balanced.
An additional advantage of local groups is that if the national organization ceases to operate, local groups will continue to exist and will be able to continue to freely decide on matters concerning them.
From the point of view of the software, the following modifications should be made:
– in the nationwide group there should be a new type of user account that will have the right to read everything but will not be able to write [very easily feasible]
– in the nationwide group the anonymity of votes must be disabled so that we know how our representative voted [moderately difficult task]. But this is a temporary solution. Ultimately, it should be like this:
– Votes in local groups should be counted automatically and both the sum of people and the sum of cities should be given as a result of voting [a very difficult task but most feasible, it just takes some time].
If this approach suits you, you can easily set up an independent group for your local community here: https://wikikracja.pl/grupa
To fill out the form you will need:
– the name of the group (the shorter the better)
– emails of the first 3 people (including yours)
After a few hours you will receive emails with login details.
Each group has its own database, which can be moved to your own server at any time.